I think the question I get asked the most is what to wear during the session. Which it can be intimidating looking at lingerie online and seeing dollar signs and you don’t want to purchase something you will only wear once. So I am going to give you my recommendations in a two part blog; I will pull things from my own closet that I would consider to wear and then the second blog will be stores that I recommend checking out.
I will preface this post and mention that all of the pretty lacey panties/ matching bras and panties that I have are from The Girls Professional Fittings in Harrisonville, MO. I am going to go into more detail about the amazing women in that store in the next blog post, but I recommend checking out their website to all women who are interested in getting new bras, swimsuits, jeans, basically everything in your closet. I also get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest and Instagram from other boudoir photographers.
Here is a list of some ideas that I go from going through Pinterest and my own closet:
- Bralette and a big sweater/ matching panties
- Matching bra and panties
- Black tank top and black lacey panties
- Velvet bomber jacket with the panties
- Oversized shirt or cardigan
- His favorite shirt
- Or the shirt that you love to see him in
- Have fun with it and have an inside joke between the two of you. (My husband and I love a podcast called Time Suck where there is the joke for the Zapples shirt)
- His Favorite Sport Team Jersey
In all reality, all you need to bring is a positive energy and confidence to rock a boudoir session. My biggest piece of advice is to bring something you love yourself in. If you are comfortable with the piece of clothing, then you will see your confidence in the photos.